Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 25 ~ 4 Wheel Hoovin' It :)

What a wonderful day! we got much needed rain and you could almost witness the grass jump higher. It raining steady until about 7 pm and as soon as it slacked Lindsay and I were off on our ride! She was feeling her "Triple Crown" today LOL But didn't buck at all, just feeling good and even tossed her head around a bit when I sent her off around the round pen a time or two. I hopped on and we went out in the big, open ring. It has by far the best ground, even though it was sloppy wet it still holds. We practiced some light leg yielding and turns on the forehand and then Cantered!!! In the open arena, first time ever!!! It felt fabulous! I was thrilled to feel her canter is so naturally balanced. In the round pen it's a bit rigid, but it's a 40 foot round pen, really tough to lope in their unless you are a finished western pleasure horse. Well, I had nothing to be concerned about, her canter is simply amazing! Very free and forward, yet not rushed, very coordinated and she travels with this naturally level top-line all the time. The more I sit on her the more she reminds me of a reiner...I could have fun with that!

I have been fortunate enough to sit on quite a few horses and I must say when I sit on one that just feels good underneath me I know it from the start. She is every bit one of those. Very supple and soft, forward, relaxed in body and mind and covers ground. I know I go on and on about how much I adore her, but honestly I just Love to sit on her...feel like I could do it all day. She is one of those horses that gives you a good place to sit so to speak...she is so naturally balanced it is easy to be balanced on top of her. Oh it is simply heaven on board! After we cantered circles in the muddy ring we tromped through our now even larger mud puddles in the road and then we went over and watched Mike change the hubs on the truck. I think Lindsay liked him squatting on the ground, she seemed to enjoy that! We then hand grazed and back to her paddock she went.

Plus...our Soft-Ride boots arrived today! So excited to wear them when we haul long distances. They are amazing boots, really a necessity for any horse that hauls to horse shows or trail rides. Makes that rough trailer ride so much more comfortable! Check out www.soft-ride.com If you try them you will not know how you ever lived without them. Rox, my barrel mare loves hers and I can honestly tell a difference in her when she hauls in them, she is much more limber and "free" just stepping off the trailer. It's truly a must have product!

Hopefully if the rain holds out we will go an a little road trip tomorrow! Excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment