Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 63 & 64 ~ Kids n' Cows

Fun field trips over the last two days :)

Yesterday we hauled to the
Boys and Girls home and rode with some super fun kids and amazing
horses. We practiced riding around with the group of horses and Lindsay
was really a good girl with the horse "Traffic" and She even warmed up
to Julie enough to let her rub her neck! She actually really enjoyed it
once Julie started rubbing and leaned into her and stretched her neck out for Julie to get the perfect spot. Lindsay had met Julie a time or two before and I am certain she remembers her.I think she found a new friend!

Today
we hauled out to a friends house to play with some steers. (A HUGE
Thank You to Brandy and Jonathon!!!) I was pleased to see that Lindsay
was not to worried over them at all. She was intrigued, but not afraid.
We practiced walking and tracking them up and down the fence line a
bit. They were not to afraid of us and I kinda felt like I had to get
right up on them to get them to move. Lindsay didn't mind, but I was a
bit to close to efficiently change direction when need be. I'm going to
have to work on my cow skills, but I think Lindsay has her part figured
out...so long as I can do mine.

When we were warming up we even got some flying changes right to left!!! I was so excited :) Our left to right transition isn't quite as smooth yet and we lag that back lead sometimes, but she gets it if I just wait on her a
bit. I am super excited she seems to be figuring out what I'm asking
for though. I can not wait to see what she remembers tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment