Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 87 & 88 ~ Dragging Stuff

Well I had asked the Mustang Makeover folks a while back if we would need to drag anything..I just received a reply that yes we would! I wasn't really thinking we would need to, b/c it wasn't in the description of required tasks so I really hadn't thought much of it. Goodness, there are so many things to do as it is...well, after I received that email you know what was next on my to do list :) So to the round pen we went...

I had previously let the lounge line drag behind us and had done some ground driving initially. It's hard to even remember those days it feels like so long ago..but I do remember that Lindsay sure was not crazy about anything around her back legs at first, she has some bucking talent no doubt... but she has adjusted to that thankfully. So we started off just dragging the rope...that went well, so we added a fly mask to the end of it...hehehe...I know, not very inventive I guess, but it was close and I figured it was light, soft and would be a good step up from just the rope. She sure has taught me that it really pays to cover my bases and do everything in small steps, it's amazing how quickly she'll figure things out if you explain it clearly and in a gradual process. So I wanted to take baby steps, she did notice the fly mask be-bopping around behind us, but was ok with it, so I then tied our rope to her feed tub...again she was a little more aware, but still pretty much ok, she had a few moments of scooting forward when she felt like the tub was chasing her, but that didn't last long. We then moved out of the round pen and into the arena where we could move around better. I started with a tire...man that was heavier that I thought, I had to wrap the lounge line around the horn in order for her to pull it, but she did amazingly well...(I did not tie the rope to the saddle horn, just wrapped it so I could quickly un-wrap if need be)..After the tire we drug a pole, which I think is the most likely thing we'll drag in TX, but do not really know. She was great with it. Glad I did that before we went, something that she can be so confident with if done in stages can go to the other extreme had I just went right to dragging the pole.

Lindsay's news story aired today on the 5 pm evening news! WECT channel 6. I was really pleased with how they pieced the footage together. You can see the video on their site... here is a link... http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=12924477 It will air again tomorrow morning. I still can't believe how good she was for the camera man, he was really getting some funky angles to get the shots he wanted and she was just an angel!

We are getting all our stuff ready to head to Texas soon, I am so very excited!...So thankful to my Mom as well as Deanna, Kenny and family for feeding and farm sitting for us. It is such piece of mind to know someone is always here keeping a watchful eye on all our critters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment