Saturday, August 14, 2010

Friday~ First 2 Prelim

Not sure how long I'll have to write... I am fixing to do our cow class in a bit...but yesterday was amazing!

Lindsay was an angel for trail...ground tied for me to pick feet up, stood dead still for me to bridle/unbridle...she handled the poles, the gate, the pole drag, the serpentine, the back through and lope off and halt like a perfect pro..I just sat there and let her work :) She ended up 4th in that class...tied for 1st under BF Yeates (the Cowboy Hall Of Fame and AQHA Judge!!!) ...

The riding rail class was almost perfect as well..we showed in Hunter Tack and I braided her up..she looks so good like that!... Our only hiccup was when we did a rollback to change directions then were asked to trot off she started to grab a canter...typically rollback then move forward means lope off....so she was simply doing what she thought I wanted.... She let me pick her up quick and smooth though...ended up 8th overall there...was 2nd under one judge and 5 or 6 under another...then the 3rd tagged us pretty low...guess he cared about that canter depart a bit more than the others...so over all in Riding it set her 8th...

I tallied everyone above us in both classes and she's sitting 4th over all as of last night...we did reining this am ... we were the first one! ... She did her 2 tracks great, stop and back was great...canter depart quick and smooth and she got both flying lead changes :) ... She stopped good on the rail (when she went to slide my hat sailed off lol) ...but we had to side pass to get off the rail to rollback...which she did...then another stop and roll back and into the center...at that point she was pretty hyped up and I should have dropped her into a spin, but asked her to stand a bit and she kinda anticipated a leg yield...anyway I went ahead and asked for the spin anyway b/c I knew it was time and she did it, but it wasn't as clean as it could have been...the second way was better though... She just really got into that class and had a good time... I'm sure I could have ridden her better, but I was so pleased at how she handled everything and she did everything I asked...what more could I want??...

Now waiting on the Cow Class... it's running at the same time as the Maneuvers/Reining class...I am super excited about the cow class with her, i think she'll love it!

They will announce the top 20 horses by 4 pm then freestyle at 6 pm! The people here are amazing as well as the Mustangs....What a ride! LOVE IT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment